Thursday, October 28, 2004

What?! Two in a row??!!

Yup. Its two in a row, alright. A little more time to burn again today so I can move my blog up on the priority list.

Saw Seth going out to his car on my way to work this morning. He hollered something at me as I went by on the motorcycle. I think it was an obscenity - ;-).

Final arrangements for the Trail of Fame meeting last night and finished them up this morning. I'm really over extended at the moment and its got me kind of "stressie" (Is there such a word?). I think 2005 will be a good year to chill a bit, but not until after I finish the show idea for March.

Reading up a bit on Thomas Wright "Fats" Waller and the "stride" piano stylings of James P. Johnson who taught Waller. Fascinating stuff and I love the sound of that piano. I dunno how to describe it exactly, but it certainly is compeling! Another one I need to learn a little more about is blues singer Mamie Smith who started the female blues singer recording mania with her classic "Crazy Blues". While Fats Waller died on a train near Kansas City in 1943 at age 39, Mamie, who was born in the 1880s, passed away in New York after serious illness when I was two years old (1946). I'm going to attempt to do justice to Fats' song "Ain't Misbehavin'" and Mamie's "Crazy Blues" for the Cabaret this weekend.

Lord, I miss hockey!! This lock-out is the *PITS*!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home