Wednesday, October 06, 2004

What are we supposed to believe?!

I stayed up until nearly 3:00 am last night so I could watch the Cheney/Edwards debate being rebroadcast. By the end of the debate, I was left wondering whether I'm living in the same country that John Edwards is talking about. I can say that I have never personally witnessed any of the things he kept saying were wrong with America. Perhaps my problem is that I long ago learned to read and listen critically. I seldom swallow anything I see or hear from the media without checking the facts first. And usually, like the fake ANG documents concerning Bush and the fabricated New York Times Stories of early this year, the facts simply don't add up to what the media is presenting. If I would just start accepting without question everything Kerry and Edwards say about Iraq, Afghanistan, the economy, health care, Haliburton, Cheney, Bush, Rice, Rumsfield...etc. life would be so much easier!!

The problem I have is that nothing Kerry and Edwards are saying about the President and Vice-President adds up. Furthermore, as I witnessed during the debate last night, the two of them now seem to have resorted to name calling and personal attacks. One of Kerry's newest ads on TV actually shows in print that Bush "is lying". They actually used the "L" word! Bush, of course, hasn't been perfect either as he has occasionally taken things Kerry has said out of context, but he has never resorted to name calling and flat out character assassination.

A great article about the "truth" involved in this debate can be found at http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docID=272 but I warn you in advance it is only for the independent thinker! Those who are already in tow behind the dogma of one side or the other will no doubt find little consolation at factcheck.org!

Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Seth said...

Get a Tivo. Then you don't have to wait for rebroadcasts.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home