Friday, October 15, 2004

Midnight shifts suck!

Boy! Are there ever some different people in this world. You'd think at my age one would cease to be amazed, but every time I get to thinking I've seen it all, along comes another weirdo! Without listing specifics (like name and location) I will say that the guy who called the office early this morning has a pretty warped idea of how he can be helpful to people. I better not say much more than that - I would like to retire soon ;-)

Doctor says Carolyn can come home tomorrow so I'll pick her up at the hospital at 4:00 pm and bring her back to the house where Chloe and Abbey will be over-joyed to see her. She has to stay off her feet for quite a while I guess (they'll give me the particulars tomorrow - or is it today!). I also have to keep taking her back to the hospital for more IV's of antibiotic to make sure we kill all the bacterial infection in her leg. I think they scared her pretty good about staying off her feet this time. Evidently the doctor came right out and mentioned the possibility of loosing her leg if she didn't take care of herself!! Anyway, I've had to take some time from work so that I can take care of her and we will see about putting a hospital bed in the living room since she won't be able to get upstairs for a while.

Joke of the day:
A blonde goes into the Chase Bank in New York city, takes out a loan for $5,000 and hands the banker the keys to a Rolls-Royce to hold as collateral. The banker is amazed at this but dutifully drives the car into the bank's underground parking garage and parks it. A week later the blonde returns, pays back the $5,000 plus $15.41 in interest, picks up her keys and starts for the door. The banker stops her and informs her that his curiousity had got the better of him. He had investigated her and found that she was a multi-millionaire!! He asked why, if she had millions, would she borrow the small sum of $5,000 and leave a $250,000 car as collateral. She smiled and informed him that for $15.41 total cost, she had parked her car safely in downtown New York City for a week while she was in Europe - considerably cheaper and safer than the airport parking.

Thought for the day:
There are three kinds of people. Those who can count, and those who can't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home