Monday, October 11, 2004

Yes, It's my fault!

First of all, I haven't taken time to post a blog in days. Yes, it's my fault! I'm the one who took on way too much and now can't seem to get to all of it. So what, might you ask has kept me from updating my blog? Read on, dear reader.....

1) I was going to get the MG running this past weekend. Simple thing really, I thought. Just replace the fuel lines in places, the fuel filter and the fuel pump. Then fuel should get to the carb and it should start right up just like it used to until last week when it suddenly went dormant on me and decided on long term residency in the garage. Yes. Well, that was the theory anyway. Now I have fuel getting to the carb and the cylinders (I know this because every time I try to start it, it floods out!). However, it hasn't fired a single cylinder. I changed out the plugs (Bosch Platinums) with new NGK's and it still doesn't fire. I had bought a new Crane coil earlier intending to give it a bit more spark than stock so I started installing that on Sunday, but found I didn't have all the little connectors I need. Those I bought today at O'Reilly's where MJ Straight tried to give me a hard time about little British cars.... Maybe I can get it running tomorrow. It's not really such a big deal today however since I still don't have the required header bar so that I can put on the new convertible top and it's been raining all day. No way am I taking a little British rust bucket out into the rain with no top on it! Yes. It's my fault!

2) Last week something mysteriously happened to the Winsock file in the desktop computer rendering it useless for email and internet traffic. Of course, I didn't *know* it was the Winsock file. I had called up Alan and he suggested I try my wireless laptop connection and see if that worked. (DUH!) It did, of course, at which point he sent me a file to fix the Winsock in the Windows XP partition. By the time I'd got it however, I was working on the car, taking care of Abbey and Chloe (a full time job when Carolyn is gone!!), and doing the show each night. To make a long story short, I didn't get the Winsock file repaired until about 3 am Sunday morning right after watching the Japanese Grand Prix which Michael Schumaker won (again - yawn!). Yes. I know. It's my fault.

3) Today was pretty much a loss except for taking Abbey and Chloe out for a ride and picking up the auto parts mentioned. Yes. I know. It's may fault again - I was tired and slept in for a while.

So... in summation, I didn't get anything done for the TOF or the Arts Council in the past 3 days. Yes. Don't tell me.

Carolyn is now back from Santa Fe as I write this, but she is having trouble with her leg where the spider bite is and they took her straight to the emergency room. I'll meet her up there shortly.

The joy this week, however, has been some really great evenings spent with some really good friends at the theater and our two little "fur kids" who have been constantly at my feet and in my lap. Several trips to the park earlier in the week yielded a whole bunch of squirrels to bark and whine at and they have both been glued to my side when I get home from the theater. They didn't like going outside much today what with the rain falling. They are such dainty little things about getting their feet wet.

Well, that about brings things up to date. Bush had his head up and locked during the latest debate and didnt' jump Kerry in a lot of places so he's continuing to slip in the polls. His advisors haven't helped him much since the debates began. Oh, and FactCheck.org has now moved to big-time server support so apparently a lot of people are as hungry for the truth as I am. At least they provide their references so you can see where they got the stuff they use to dispute the politicians. Gawd!! What a miserable situation! I've never seen the country so divided over political BS. Especially considering that both candidates have been fabricating an awful lot of stuff and distorting the facts and figures! Maybe I should take a closer look at Nader? Naw!
I still have a bad taste in my mouth about him when he was saving us from ourselves.....

A new week on the way....... Yes, I know. It's my fault!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home