Saturday, November 20, 2004

Cool Stuff!!

I'm finding such cool stuff for the March show by the Wild Blues Women!! I've already started writing the script and its going together fairly easily. Much more easily than I thought. This is the part I was afraid of because it calls for a great deal of creative insight and my brain usually doesn't function that way. It prefers rather dry, hard, cold scientific fact. Intuition is not my strong suit!

So far we have Karen, Joni, Connie, Amy, Wendy, and Cindy interested in the show with some of them already excited enough to start digging into their character development and reasearching music. I found song books for Bessie Smith, Billie Holliday, Saffire, and a huge Blues fake book so we should have plenty of charts to work with. For musicians, I've got KentRoss in piano/organ, me on guitars. Hopefully we'll get Joe Walker on drums and Alec Ross on bass. We should be able to put down some real Kick - Ass blues tracks!

I started reading Chris Pyle's script today and what I have read so far is a real hoot. Chris and Sarah have asked if I would help with the musical score for their short film and I jumped at the chance. I've already got musical ideas churning around in my head for this one as well as for the Blues show.

We did the Arts Council Festival of Trees auction tonight before I came to work. I think we did fairly well on the take which will help toward the next couple of months of operating expenses, but I still have to hit our membership and the city hard in the next few weeks or we may end up having to close the building up and sell it. There must be a way for us to raise the needed capital to maintain the building *AND* run the arts council. There just must be!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home