Friday, December 17, 2004

Little of crashing interest these last few days as I have been working evenings. We are still struggling with the budget defecit for the Arts Council and that still has me worried. I still cannot comprehend why membership has dropped substantially. Obviously, the Arts Council is going to have to do something that will attract a more active member involvement. Since both federal and state funding for the arts has fallen drastically in the past several years money will have to be found elsewhere in order to continue maintaining the old Carnegie Library building and I'm not too sure exactly where that "elsewhere" is at the moment. I simply don't have the time to serve another year as president but I will continue to volunteer my time as I find it in support of the arts council.

Ol' Buddy Setheckel has a nice blog up on greed pointing out both the NHLPA and Wally-World as prime examples and I find I must agree heartily with him. You can find hs great synopsis at: saeanything.com

Work continues on the show - mostly gathering sheet music at the moment though I have a keyboard at home now so should be able to midi in to my sound card and start producing charts for the songs I can't find sheet music for.

The hydaulic clutch on the MG is giving up the ghost... DOT 3 has been running down the clutch pedal onto my new rubber floor mat lately. I ordered a clutch rebuild kit today and should have it Monday before the cold weather hits. Otherwise, I'll have to find some kind of heater for the
garage to continue working there. I still have an unexplained high frequency vibration which is very sporadic - maybe a U-joint? I dunno. I'll check the drive shaft U-joints when I go underneath to finish the clutch and connect the speedo cable.

That's about it for today. Got to get some last minute Christmas shopping done this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home