Saturday, November 27, 2004

Hellhound on my Trail....

John Babich wrote: There is a delicious feeling when a person discovers the Blues. Many folks don't really see the light until they've attended a real throw-down Blues show. Sometimes you can see in their faces when that moment occurs.

I had time to get some work done on the blues show over Thanksgiving. The script is really rough and will need extensive re-working but the core of it is there now. I'm looking at needing somewhere around 50 pages of script including the songs. That is about the size of Smoke on the Mountain. I'm gonna bounce it off Mike Craver if he's got the time. He made the mistake of telling me he would look over anything I wrote. What a sap! ;-)

Anyway, I made a CD with most of the music on it in order of performance and have started to look at gathering charts for the songs. Some of them will have to be just lead sheets, but a couple of them I'm thinking of sending off to get full scores written.

I threw out the John Babich quote above because it kind of encapsulates what I have been doing with the gals. Some of them have a good feel and knowledge of the blues and others have nearly none so it is going to be up to me to bring everyone up to some sort of "Blues Baseline". But - they are all great gals and I'm really not worried at all about them - only ME! Can I get the band working well together in time? That may end up being the greatest challenge. I hope to get them together right after the Christmas show closes so we can see what we've got.

Thought for today......
The difference between a man and a savings bond is that the bond will eventually mature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home