Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Catching up....

After chastizing Joe for not updating his blog I have managed to go a week without updating my own. Pot and Kettle syndrome I guess. Anyway, it's time to catch up on things. All in all, it's been a pretty productive past seven days.

It looks as if we will have a couple more "Wild Blues Women" for the March show which tickles me no end. All the gals really seem to be enjoying putting this together. Carolyn has agreed to do costuming and has already met with Karen, Amy, Wendy, and Connie. Some characters, plot ideas and so forth are starting to come together. We won't meet again until January 4th so I've got my work cut out between now and then getting more music together - charts! I need charts!! - and getting a rough script ready. I talked to Don Clark in Fowler today and he may be interested in playing guitar for the show! That would be great because it frees me up for a lot of other things. I still have to get a list of other musicians from Patty Ahern to see if we might raise a horn or two....

Saturday, I forced myself to get down to work on the MG. Cleaned out the fuel lines et al. again and finally installed the new coil and cleaned everything south of the battery all the way to the plugs. Turned the key and "Bingo!" it roared to life!! I drove it around a little just to celebrate and, in fact, drove it to work tonight. I'll see now if the headlight adjustment I made helps 'cause the low beams were pretty much focused about 6 feet in front of the car! The turn signals remain somewhat of an enigma. I replaced the switch on the steering column and the flasher unit but only the left signal was working until today. Today I noticed the left one had quit too!
No turn signals at all! How many of you boys and girls remember how to use hand signals? Do they even teach that any more?

Sunday I just kinda vegged a bit and only did a little stuff on the CVB grant and grant summary for the Trail of Fame. I finished all that Monday and early today and then took it down to Andy. One day early too!! He was suitably amazed! New grant application and an actual summary of last year's grant along with a real live budget and budget projection for next year! I wonder how often they get that kind of thoroughness?

That pretty much brings things up to date....

"Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry". - Mark Twain -


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home